Feeling down and lonely? We know an instant way to lift your mood up—treat yourself to a refreshing glass of water!
Drinking adequate amount of water daily is essential for the human body to function properly and effectively. Shortage of H2O in the body causes dehydration, headache, and constipation just to name a few, which may boil down to mood swings and crankiness.
Research suggests, a glass of watery actually has the power to alter one’s mood and elevate one’s energy. Studies also show that drinking water has a significant impact on alleviating depression, anxiety, and even sleeping problems.
So how exactly does water affect our mood?
When our body experiences shortage of water, it loses not only fluids but also important electrolytes that are vital for healthy functioning. Even with only a slight dehydration, our bodies already tend to become strained and exhausted, which cause us to feel cranky. Not only that, losing bodily fluid is also inevitable, most especially to those with active lifestyle, through sweat, heat, and consumption of caffeinated drinks like coffee and soda. All of these can affect our overall mood and health.
Clearly, supplying our body with enough H2O is the simplest, most basic way of getting rid of moodiness and maintaining a happy disposition on a daily basis. It is also worthy of noting that drinking water helps aid digestive problems such as constipation and indigestion. Those uncomfortable feeling we have when we face these kind of problems can also greatly impact on our mood and energy levels.
Drinking 8 glasses of water may sound like an easy-breezy task, but believe it or not, most people still find it difficult to maintain a healthy water habit. If you’re one of these people, don’t worry, it’s not an uncommon thing to have this kind of bad habit. You may find the following tips helpful in leading a healthy, hydrated, and happier life moving on.
- Get a nice water bottle: You’ll be surprised by how getting a cute little water jug can actually motivate you in frequently getting your water fix.
- Get a water dispenser: Sometimes, what hinders you from drinking enough water is the hassle of having to go to the refrigerator, pour yourself a glass of water, and fill the pitcher once it’s empty—over and over again. So go and get yourself a water dispenser to cut all these inconvenience.
- Flavor your water: Add a little kick if you find plain water a little too boring. For example, put mint to your cold water or prepare warm water with lemon. You’ll find that these are actually better, healthier substitutes to your unhealthy coloured drinks.
- Set a schedule: Set an alarm on when exactly you need to drink drink water in order to complete your 8 glasses. This way will help you remember and achieve your goal easier.
- Track your water intake: Mark your jugs or bottles with the amount of water to remind you that the less water remains in the container, the more water you take into your body. There are also a lot of available apps online that will help your track your water intake. Seeing your progress is a great motivation to push yourself further.
A healthy, balanced diet coupled with regular intake of drinking water can work wonders for your body, mind, and soul. Enjoy your drinking water with an extra dose of good health with Purikool’s line of premium water dispensers! For enquiries, feel free to call us at +65 6909-5616 or email us at ENQUIRY@PURIKOOL.COM.